Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ka-Wong!


That's the sound effect which went along with the original detail picture for this outfit. (Even Mr. E noticed!) I've 'de-ka-wonged' the photo by snipping it into two (see below), thus removing the, aherm, 'louder' elements of the photo.


Well. I also received my first kinda creepy web comment. I've been uploading my pix to flickr and editing them with the picknik dealybob. (Although i'm in the middle of switching to my hardrive as soon as i download the Gimp software and figure how to work it - any advice would be muchly appreciate!) So, getting back to the subject, i thought it might be funny to pixelate or blur the 'middle' of the photo. I tried my hand at it and came up with a so-so version, which i left up on my photostream for...what? 10-12 minutes? before i decided to go with cropping the photo and deleted the blurred version.

Another ~15 minutes pass and i return to the cropped photo (now sans mammaries) to find someone has commented: "Where did the blurry bit go? I thought my eyes were going funny!!!??? :)"

Flippin' hilarious. The comment is from no one i'm aware of knowing. Who clicks around Flickr monitoring tittie pictures, anyways? (Wait, please don't answer that...) At any rate, looks like i've brightened someone's day. We live to serve.

Outfit-wise, i'm pretty sure this is the first time i've worn anything resembling a jumper since somewhere around fifth grade. Mom, could you help me out on that one? I enjoyed this look more than i thought i would. It is nice not to worry about your bra straps showing (yeah, i'm just obsessed with my breasts today) or putting on a jacket to cover my shoulders against the sun. It's funny how sensitive you can be to little details. The black bandana under the belt was what really made me cool with this look.

I sure am looking forward to cooler weather and more layering opportunities! Even the little bit of cooling off we had a week ago when i wore this made for more options. All you people in colder climes can throw me a raspberry right now.

Dress: Converse at Target
Tee: The Ultimate Tee Merona at Target
Shoes: Dansko Marcelle
Bandana: Target
Belt: vintage Coach
Necklace: gift

4 comments:

  1. Yay, your back!
    I like this outfit. I'm planning to wear something similar to it in the next few days but I would never have thought of the bandana in the middle. Very creative!
    I hear you on the whole showing bra strap thing. Don't get me started on strapless bras!
    Glad your back, I will contact you if any sponsoring is needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so weird about the comment - my weirdest one was some guy wanting me to email him pictures of my veiny feet!

    I love the bandana under the belt. Totally borrowing that look!

    Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to see how both of your looks here turn out! thanks! steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom here - jumpers, hmmm. I remember you being adorable as a four year old, maybe a six year old in jumpers, but not after that. You're just not a jumper kind of person, usually. I like the sash below the belt.

    ReplyDelete