Sunday, July 6, 2014

Eight Gore Skirt with Jacket, Hat and Boots



Another signature look.



I made up this skirt after Shams of Communing with Fabric pointed out the pattern on one of her Vogue pattern release round ups. I didn't care for the look of the jacket at all, so i ignored the skirt. It's easy to make and fit, and fits nicely into my wardrobe.



I saw Shams at a recent sewing blogger event at Britex in San Francisco. This notorious hermit had a fantastic time!



I even heard another attendee or two refer to how odd it is to be in a group of like minded people when we're all drawn together by such a solitary activity.

yes, it's linen - why do you ask?


I sure hope Britex continues with these events! I had a blast, and my eyes were opened to some products they have of which i am in dire need. I had no idea prior to this occasion, frankly i never had much luck shopping at Britex in the past. But now i am planning a trip before the next month or so.  Hopefully this testimony will encourage the powers that be at Britex to forge ahead!

Happy Day!!  steph

2 comments:

  1. Love the skirt, and you're my hero for the no-nonsense footwear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh STASH, thank you! well, lucky for me i like a utilitarian edge in my outfits, and these Fluevogs are lined in leather and absolutely glorious to wear. Have a fun day! steph

    ReplyDelete