Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Quiet Day


 I was trying to call our local turkeys in this pic. We have a group of a baker's dozen scratching up and down the road, leaving cultivated areas in their wake. I've had the most fun watching them settle down to roost at nite, about 18-20' tall in a grove of eucalyptus up the street. Apparently they have a lot to take care of last thing!  Maybe they also believe in the old axiom, 'Don't go to bed mad'. It's fun to listen to the ruckus and watch those big birds flopping around in the branches.

 Well, i've never had much luck calling birds, and i didn't have any this nite, either - this turkey feather is a present from my brother and husband. Talking to critters is more Mr. E's department - he has a wonderful voice, i love to listen to him sing, and animals always come when he talks to them (mostly about the prospect of feeding them. It's not all talk, either).

I was having a 'blah' day, partly because of the migraine cluster i was going through. Now that i'm having less periods, i'm having migraines only 2-3 times a year - hooray! I thought i didn't show it much, but when i looked at the pics i took i could see it on my face. Thankfully, the headaches are on the wane. And the blog helped, too - i didn't need to think about this outfit, just switched the ivory tunic for black, and bob's your uncle. The idea of using an outfit blog as a 'dressing resource' was part of my original motivation for this blog, but i've only begun using this blog that way very recently.  Do any of you find yourselves using your blog this way?

Making the small switch from the previous look to this one, it was brought home to me again that color has such an impact! The ivory look is so ethereal, but this one seems so earthy to me.  I was also tickled at the 'turkey influence' on this outfit.  The colors, the patterns, the 'fancy tail feathers', even the naja, created by the southwestern native peoples.

So if anyone asks what you did this weekend, you can respond, 'I read this lady's blog who dresses like a turkey'.  Have a great weekend, everybody!

Tunic: Converse One Star for Target
Skirt: own design, inspired by The Hidden Seed
Petticoat: own design, inspired by Alisa Burke
Belt: Betsey Johnson
Earrings: very very old (Madonna had just hit the scene!)
Necklaces: own design
Naja: Gathering Tribes

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope you're feeling better by now! Migraines are the pits. You just want to curl up and die.

    I definitely have used my blog as a dressing resource - one thing I miss now that I've cut back on outfit posts the past couple weeks. Having that record of what you've worn, how it looked, what you liked, what you didn't - it's very valuable when creating new outfits! And having those pictures to refer to helps me a great deal more than just trying to remember what I saw in the mirror a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly - i think back and it all starts getting fuzzy.....

    ReplyDelete