Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays!




I just want to thank every one of you for taking the time to read and to comment and to suggest my posts for weekly links and even honor me with the odd award!  Over a year and a half of blogging, i've realized that i love writing, style, and photography so much that i'd continue on with no audience whatsoever.

I have also realized that creating for an audience is the best motivator imaginable. You constantly encourage me to think things through, to come up with the better way of expressing concepts, to take a few more shots even though it's freezing and the sun is in my eyes (how does that happen?), to sharpen my photo editing skills, to search for unique content that will be useful to you. Just knowing that you are here keeps me on my toes, and your feedback is utterly priceless.

I am continually struck by the presence you all have in every action i take regarding this blog. You have encouraged me to address issues i never thought would find readers - lo and behold, ideas that helped me interest others as well! Thank you! Know that i value your ideas and input, & please feel free to comment or send me an e-mail at any time. Let me know if you'd like to see me address a particular issue, something about the technical part of my blog bugs you, or what you think of how i've approached a topic (good or bad).

(yes, that is a new-to-the-blog dress, yes the fit is perfect, no i didn't make it myself and yes you will have to wait until next year to get the scoop on it!)

Happy Holidays to you and yours! Hallelujah, the days are getting longer!

13 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic dress! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8-)
    xoxo
    yr mom, v. proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we made it - days getting longer!

    Christmas bombshell. :D Sweetheart neckline
    and fishnets. I'd love to see the return of more summer sundresses with sweetheart necklines. I wouldn't mind, also, camisoles with same for
    under too low necklines. I've kicked myself for not buying foulard camisoles when I had the chance. Removes that bedroomy/underwear/gymwear aspect from the camisoles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look on you so chic and the fishnets add just the right touch. You have marvelous hair maybe a blog entry on how you get such luxurious curls. Merry Christmas and am really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Looking forward to reading your words and sharing your sartorial story more in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress, and the fishnets add a little something that the demure pumps balance. This is something I like about your style: you have this knack for achieving balance in the looks you create. I have so enjoyed the style philosophy posts, wherein you share your own thought processes and sometimes refer to something cogent you've read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
    Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
    Xoxo
    Merry Christmas!

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Lots more ladies online on x-mas than i thought!

    Hello Cynthia! hope you were able to work out the schedule over there ;)

    aw, ma, you're a gem.

    Hi Vildy! whew, yay more sun! i agree with you on sweetheart necklines, tho on a cami that's a new idea to me. And a very smart one!

    Thank you so much Adrienne! i am enjoying your blog as well, your look of a simple dress with a few accessories is wonderfully chic! hmm, i've been considering doing some posts on hair and makeup - i'll give it a try and you all let me know how you like it!

    Thank you Louise! I'm hoping that your bus makes it over here to the bay area and we can meet up!! (fingers crossed)

    Hello P!! (whoops, i just typed your name and almost outed you - the horror!) best wishes to you and hubby and beautiful hairy girl! TY for the input and i will do my best to explicate on balance in future :)

    Welcome nik! Thank you! i had a peek at your place, you are just full of great, creative picture ideas - i'll have to keep an eye on what you do for inspiration :)

    Happy Monday!! steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steph - your new dress is fabulous, and you have to tell us where you found it! I am so happy to have found *you* - I always enjoy your insights and ideas, and your marvelous looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Holidays to you Steph. The dress with fishnets next to the tree make me smile. Love your insights, sense of humor, and your fabulous style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. heehee Patti, all in good time :) thank you so - i am very happy that you found me too!! your smile is so warm and your Visible Mondays are such an easy way for people to get to know each other. Very creative and very friendly!!!

    Thank you Judith! whew, getting a 'fabulous style' from a person of your own renowned stylishness - i'm weak in the knees! thank you!

    Happy Day! steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Christmas, Steph! You look absolutely smashing and sexy as heck in that lovely dress!

    Thank you for all your awesome posts! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Sheila (blushing)! i consider myself very lucky to have 'met' you and to read your blog :) Happy New Year!!! steph

    ReplyDelete